Crime Rewind: Falls Church Girl, 13, Reports Sexual Assault
Roundup of top crime news of the week from inside the Beltway.
- A television and bed sheets were among the items reported stolen from a home recently.
- A 60-year-old real estate agent is accused of taking woman’s clothing from an Arlington home.
- Alexandria Police Officer Peter Laboy began undergoing occupational therapy Wednesday in a Washington hospital, one week after being shot in the head outside Lyles Crouch Traditional Academy in Old Town.
- Officers seized bullets, a magazine and electronics from the Woodbridge home of Kashif Bashir, who is accused of shooting Alexandria Police Officer Peter Laboy.
Pedestrian Struck and Killed Near Dunn Loring Metro
- Fairfax County police still working to identify the victim in the Wednesday night incident.
- Fairfax County Supervisors directed staff Tuesday to examine costs and benefits of a launching another red light camera program, which reduced violations by 45 percent during its first run a decade ago.
- Falls Church City Police charged two men with urinating in public in separate incidents.
- Falls Church City Police are looking for two men who allegedly robbed and beat a man on Feb. 27.
- No one was injured in a fire that gutted a snowplow in Falls Church on Wednesday.
- Police have charged two teens, including a 17-year-old Woodbridge male, with rape after a young girl, 13, reported being sexually assaulted in a car in the Potomac Mills Mall parking lot, Prince William County Police spokesperson Jonathan Perok said.
- Officers from the Second District Metropolitan Police Department earned high praise from their peers and chief at a recent award ceremony.