Crime Rewind: Man Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting in Alexandria
The top news of the week from your Patch sites inside the Beltway.
- Kendrick Webb Raphale, of Arlington, is accused of exposing himself to a woman in public.
- An incident in Sunday traffic led to charges for six drivers.
- Two Arlington teenagers have been charged with shooting at cars in the West Springfield area of Fairfax County. One of them already faces similar charges for incidents in Arlington.
- A juvenile tried to steal a ring from a kiosk at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, according to police.
- Three men were caught trying to break into a storage locker in a parking garage in the Forest Glen community, according to the Arlington County Police.
Falls Church Patch
- Falls Church police charged a woman with child neglect for allegedly driving under the influence with two children in her vehicle.
Del Ray Patch
- Alexandria police have identified a man shot and killed by officers Monday on Duke Street. (See also: Alexandria Police Shoot, Kill Man in Domestic Incident).
- Nakicha Gilbert, whose 10-year-old son was charged with brandishing a weapon by Alexandria police earlier this month following an incident involving a toy gun on a school bus, criticized the case’s handling in a story Monday in the Washington Post.