Get Out: Movember, Guys and Dolls, Long Branch Bash and More
The weekend is here! How are you going to spend it?
- When/Where: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Woodrow Wilson High School (3950 Chesapeake St. NW, D.C.)
- Why Go: Enjoy acting and singing from young, local stars as they perform well-known numbers like “Sit Down, You’re Rocking the Boat” and “Luck be a Lady.” According to the event notice, "the Wilson fall musicals have become a school and community favorite."
- Cost: $15 for Adults, $5 for Students/Children
- When/Where: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Long Branch Nature Center at 625 S. Carlin Springs Road.
- Why Go: The event for families allows kids to meet with animals, join in on a scavenger hunt, and participate in arts and crafts.
- Cost: Registration is required and $5 donation is encouraged. Register online.
- When/Where: 11 a.m. Sunday at Fuse Pilates (2008 Hillyer Pl. NW D.C.)
- Why Go: According to the event notice, "Fuse Pilates DC will offer specially scheduled classes on Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012 at 11 a.m. and Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012 at 8 p.m. to benefit Movember. Women and men are encouraged to attend and bring their their husbands, boyfriends, brothers, fathers and/or male friends to class."
- Cost: $18
- When/Where: 10 a.am. to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Kettler Capitals IcePlex at 627 N. Glebe Road.
- Why Go: Watch 400 skaters from 32 teams of all ages and levels with perform.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday the the Georgetown Neighborhood Library (3260 R St., NW D.C.)
- Why Go: The library is "showing the movie as a part of our month-long celebration of reading, DC Reads. This year's selection is Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi," according to the event notice.
- Cost: Free