U.S. Rep. Jim Moran, D-Va., is hosting a community forum called "Preventing Another Newtown: A Conversation on Gun Violence in America."
The two-hour event starts at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 11, in the Washington-Lee High School auditorium.
Omar Samaha, an advocate with the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence whose sister was killed in the 2007 mass shooting at Virginia Tech, is among the panelists. Samaha attended this year's State of the Union address as Moran's guest.
Other panelists include:
- David Chipman — retired ATF special agent and advisor to Mayors Against Illegal Guns
- Josh Horwitz — executive director, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- Earl Cook — city of Alexandria chief of police
- Jonathan Lowy — director of the Legal Action Project, Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Karen Marangi — former counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee; principal and attorney at the Raben Group