Saturday September 7
Three hours chock-full of fun and informative activities you won't want to miss!
Dream Yoga Studio
1485 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 104,
McLean, VA 22101
For more information, visit us online at www.dreamyogastudio.com, www.facebook.com/dreamyogastudio or contact us at (703)448-YOGA(9642)
Free Mini-Workshops and Classes:
1:00-1:20 p.m. 5 Great Stretches and Other Tips for Athletes- Let Dream Yoga Instructor Jan Cooper show you practices that will help you be the best at what you do, and less injury prone. Jan, an avid runner herself, has special training in yoga for athletes. All welcome
1:30-1:50 p.m. Yoga Therapy: Better Health Through Better Posture - Good posture keeps you healthy by improving your breathing, digestion and circulation. It can help prevent and alleviate foot, knee, hip, back and neck pain; headaches, low energy and more! Let Dream Director and Professional Yoga Therapist Luann Fulbright show you some simple Yoga and Mindfulness Practices to improve your posture and prevent/address chronic health concerns. You’ll feel and look better!
2:00-2:40 p.m. NIA Stress Buster: Movement to Promote Energy/Ease. Come discover why more and more people are taking up Nia!--a powerful, fitness practice taught worldwide that blends the elements of dance, Martial Arts &Yoga to give you a mind-body experience that conditions the whole body and gives you a sense of greater well-being. Dream Instructor Camille Shiotsuki makes this workout fun and easy. No experience of any kind needed!
2:50-3:20 p.m. Yoga & Mindful Movement for Teens, Ages 12+ with Lauren Anderson & Lauren Fulbright. Come meet Dream’s new Teen teachers. Practice mindful movement and yoga postures, focusing and breathing techniques that can be used for school, sports, performing arts and life!
3:30-3:50 p.m. Creating a Life-Changing ‘Sankulpa’ (Intention). Join Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra Instructor Larkin Goff to learn more about this ancient healing practice (yogic sleep) and how it works. Be guided through an experience of creating your own powerful sankalpa for your practice.
Also – ONGOING, 1:00-4:00 PM!
Massage/Healing Arts. Meet Dream’s new Massage Therapist Chris Kahn. Talk with Chris about your “Issues in Your Tissues” and let him demonstrate one of the many treatments he provides. These include Swedish to Deep Tissue/Sports Massage. Tui Na (Chinese Massage). Injury & Rehab Therapy. Bowenwork. Cranio-Sacral Therapy. Joint Mobilization. Muscle Energy Technique. Trigger Point Therapy. Myoskeletal Alignment Technique. Neuromuscular Integration & Structural Alignment/Therapy. Shiatsu/Acupressure. Strain/Counter Strain. * Massage is $1.50/Minute.
FREE Mini-Info & Health Consultation Sessions
• Tai Chi, Qi Gong & Martial Arts Q&A & Demos. Come meet Dream’s new Tai Chi & Qi Gong instructor, ShiFu Jeff Cook. Let him demonstrate a Tai Chi or Self-Defense movement or a QiGong posture. Talk about how these practices can help you meet your goals for better health, posture, strength, flexibility, mental focus, balance, more!
• Mini-Therapeutic Yoga Tune-Ups with Luann Fulbright (Dream Yoga Director and Professional Level Yoga Instructor & Yoga Therapist). Want more strength or flexibility? Got back/hip/knee/neck pain or other “issues in your tissues”? Can’t sleep? Low energy? Headaches? Hot flashes? Poor digestion? Talk with Luann to learn how Yoga, Meditation & private Yoga Therapy sessions might help you. Get a couple quick tips/practices for now.
Computerized “Bio-Communication” Energy Body Readings & Medicine Cabinet Make- Over with Bernadette & Bethiny. Discover what therapeutic-grade essential oils (“Nature’s Medicine”) will help YOU and your family be healthier this fall and winter.
• “Ask the Nutritional Therapist" – Nutritional Consultation & Mini-Functional Evaluations of digestion, blood sugar & essential fatty acid status. Plus Mini-Meal Make-Overs. Bonus: Sign up for a consult time at the Fair & you'll be entered to win a FREE Initial Consult (30 minutes) with Nutritional Therapist Caroline Hesse.
• Anti-Oxidant Scanning with Valentina. Free mini-scans that give you a range of the amount of anti-oxidants you have. (Or get a Full Scan for $5/50% off regular price). The scanning system uses reflection spectroscopy technology developed by scientists from University of Utah and provides a simple scan-based “Life Score.”
Learn, Sample & Shop!
MTO Kumbucha Info & Tastings. Ask Ralph, the founder of this healthy brew now sold at Dream, how it ‘s helped so many folks address common ailments—allergies, acid reflux, liver detoxification, fatique, infections, celiac disease, arthritis, pain, even cancer!
• • Mala Beads by Bethiny Stark
SPORTea® --a delicious, high performance beverage formulated for active people desiring a nutritious alternative to coffee, soda, alcohol and sugary "athletic" drinks. SPORTea® is a thirst-quenching, energy sustaining, decaffeinated, healthy and nutritional beverage that can be consumed anytime, all day.
• • Monavie Natural Plant-Based Supplement for Energy, Joints, Immunity & Heart Health –
Juice, Protein Bars & Meal Replacement Shakes. DoTerra Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils
Pure Shoyeido Incense (No synthetic oils or fragrances; no animal testing) Kids Yoga Books, Cards, CD & DVDs Yoga & Meditation Supplies
FREE RAFFLES & Give Aways: From Athletica, Dream Yoga, Others