Snow seems to make holiday decorations look all the more festive, hills all the more inviting and hot chocolate all the more tasty.
Arlington might not have gotten the full 5 or 6 inches originally called for Tuesday morning, but it was enough to brighten a lot of spirits.
"I'm glad to have this day with them," said Kirsten Holtz of Cherrydale, who took her boys Billy, 12, and Henry, 9, to go sledding at Cherry Valley Park on North Quincy Street.
"We made our gingerbread houses today," she said. "And we wouldn't have had time to do that otherwise."
It seems to be a popular spot on snow days. Nearby, 5-and-a-half-year-old Angelina Leskys was having a blast.
"It's so fun because I'm going super speedy because my daddy is giving me a gigantic push and it's super fun," she said, all in one breath.
Do you have a snow day photo to share? Go here, click the green "post" button and take it away.
Posts will display along the right-hand column on the Arlington Patch home page.
- Latest Forecast for Arlington; Closing, Outage Information
- Arlington Public Schools: Tuesday, Wednesday Update
- Dominion: Power Outages Could be 'Multi-Day Event'
- National Weather Service Issues New Winter Storm Watch
- Tips for Driving on Slick Roads
- Stay Safe When the Power is Out