A new Unleashed by Petco in Ballston is celebrating its grand opening this weekend.
The store, at 3902 Wilson Blvd., is designed to have a playful environment and features its own Pet Deli, which offers an assortment of fresh and frozen food.
Petco introduced the Unleashed concept in 2009.
It offers pet owners a variety of food options, including natural, organic, raw and cooked selections. Some of those selections, plus gourmet treats, can be seen and sampled at the Pet Deli, according to a news release.
The Ballston Unleashed will host community gatherings throughout the year, including multiple adoption events. These include a Pug-a-Palooza, local dog meetups and other contests and social gatherings for people and pets.
The grand opening celebration Saturday and Sunday features:
- Complimentary samples of dog treats and in-season food from the pet bakery.
- Complimentary dog-friendly ice cream from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pet adoptions where potential pet parents can meet animals of all types looking for forever homes.
- Opportunities for local pets and pet parents to meet.
- A free tote bag and 1 pound of treats for all guests who make a purchase (while supplies last).
- Free $10 Gift Cards for the first 50 guests who sign up for Pals Rewards.