Mark next Thursday, June 19 on your calendar and join thousands throughout our region to support hundreds of local nonprofits helping our neighbors in need and making the national capital area a better place for all.
From 12:01 am to midnight on June 19, United Way of the National Capital Area is again calling the region to come together for a single day of giving by hosting Do More 24, a 24-hour online giving marathon. Last year’s Do More 24 raised $1.3 million for 500 local nonprofits through 15,223 online donations.
This year more than 550 nonprofits specifically serving the DC metro area are participating, and many local restaurants and businesses are offering special Do More 24 promotions on June 19.
Here’s what you can do:
- Set a reminder in your calendar on June 19 for Do More 24
- Follow Do More 24 at facebook.com/unitedwaynca and @UWNCA using #domore24
- Go to domore24.org on June 19 – any time, day or night – and make a donation to your favorite nonprofit or to support a cause you care about
- Tell your friends, family and co-workers about Do More 24
- Check out Do More 24 restaurant promotions and special events near you at domore24.org/#events
Do More 24 is an easy way for you to make a difference and help keep nonprofits serving your community vital throughout the year. At domore24.org, you can learn about and search for nonprofits that serve your community or help a cause you care about.
Many nonprofits receive a high percentage of their donations at the end of the year, so Do More 24 is a great way to give a nonprofit a welcome mid-year boost. Last year’s Do More 24 contributions helped area nonprofits launch new programs, buy equipment, expand their services, hire staff and fill budget gaps. This year’s Do More 24 promises to make an even bigger impact.
So remember: take a moment to “Give where you live” on June 19.