A construction worker died after being electrocuted Wednesday afternoon at the site of a mixed-use development in the 2200 block of North Pershing Drive.
The man was working on an electrical panel in a closet, police spokesman Dustin Sternbeck said. A co-worker left to get supplies, heard a noise, and came back to find the man in contact with a live wire. The co-worker went to find something to knock the man away from the wire, but when he returned, the man was unconscious on the floor, Sternbeck said.
Emergency responders performed CPR on the man. He was taken to Virginia Hospital Center and pronounced dead.
Police have not released the man's identity as his next of kin has not yet been notified. Sternbeck said the man appeared to be in his mid-20s.
The Occupational Health and Safety Administration, or OSHA, is conducting an investigation, Sternbeck said.