With school starting soon, high school athletes are gearing up for falls sports — football, of course, but also volleyball, field hockey, cross country and golf.
The Washington-Lee Generals' varsity football team kicks off its regular season at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at McLean High School under Head Coach Josh Shapiro.
The Generals will play two scrimmage games beforehand: The first is 7 p.m. Thursday at Marshall High School; the second, at 7 p.m. Aug. 29 at the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology.
Varsity football regular season games (all games start at 7:30 p.m.):
- Sept. 6: McLean High School (away)
- Sept. 12: South Lakes High School (home)
- Sept. 20: Stuart High School (home)
- Sept. 27: Hayfield Secondary School (away)
- Oct. 4: Falls Church High School (home)
- Oct. 11: Mount Vernon High School (away)
- Oct. 18: Edison High School (home)
- Oct. 25: Centreville High School (home)
- Nov. 1: Wakefield High School (away)
- Nov. 8: Yorktown High School (away)
The Washington-Lee varsity field hockey team hosts Madison High School at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28 to kick off its regular season. Click here for the full schedule.
Boys and girls cross country kicks off with the Monroe Parker Invitational on Sept. 7 at Burke Lake. The full 2013 boys schedule is here; the girls schedule, here.
Boys and girls golf started earlier this month against Stuart High School at home. Click here for the 2013 co-ed varsity golf schedule.
Are you a die-hard Generals fan? Help spread the word about your favorite team or sports by blogging for Arlington Patch. Here's how.