Unity Woods Yoga Center
Unity Woods Yoga Center in Ballston is an independent and locally owned studio. All the instructors are certified and highly trained in Iyengar. They aim to expand awareness and improve health by exploring the various aspects of the art of the Iyengar technique. The classes take place in a wide open space equipped with the necessary props and changing rooms. They offer classes at all levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced, and mixed-level and also welcome drop-ins. Visit their website for class schedules and rates.
- Hours: Hours vary by class schedule.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Founding Date: 1979
- What makes this community special?: Unity Woods Yoga is Washington's oldest yoga studio. We are also the area's only studio dedicated to Iyengar Yoga. Our certified, highly trained teachers help make yoga accessible to everyone through the use of props and careful attention to alignment.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Discounts: Senior, Student
- Membership info: Membership not required; drop-ins welcome.
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- Class Schedule Link: www.unitywoods.com/yoga-schedule/ballston-arlington/
- Number of classes/week: 17
- Average class size: 20
- Number of instructors: 6
- Styles: Iyengar
- Levels: Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate, Mixed-level classes
- Services: One-on-one instruction, Retreats